Recipe by shelbyrose
This delicious and versatile marinade, infused with herbs and garlic, is Mediterranean-influenced and can be used to marinate all cuts and varieties of meat and poultry. Be sure to use the appropriate wine indicated for the type of food being prepared. (Prep. time does not include refrigeration time).
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine (for beef or lamb) or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (for poultry or pork)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs meat or 3 1⁄2-4 lbs poultry or 2 lbs boneless chicken, 1 inch cubes for skewering
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large, non-reactive mixing bowl or one-gallon food storage bag.
- Add the meat or poultry.
- Turn to coat all sides.
- Cover or seal tightly.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least six hours or overnight, turning occasionally, before cooking.