Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of an old favorite generally served on hot puddings as a garnish. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄3 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine (up to 1/8 cup)
- nutmeg, for garnish
- Cream butter; add sugar gradually, beating well.
- Add salt and continue beating, adding wine drop by drop until you get a light and smooth texture.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.