Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tired of spending too much for organic snack foods, I now make my own crackers. From Better Homes & Gardens magazine. This is for Sauvignon, basil and pine nuts. Other wine/herb/spice options are in step 14.
- Preheat oven to 325'.
- Combine flour, basil and pine nuts (see below for different herb/spice options), salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Combine wine (see below for other options), and olive oil in a seperate bowl. Add wine mixture slowly, to the flour mixture.
- Toss with a fork, form into a ball and place on a (lightly) floured surface; the dough will appear dry.
- Roll into a thin (1/8"-1/16" thick) rectangle, 12"x9" and cut into 24 crackers (using a crinkle-cutter gives a neat presentation). Use a fork to prick each cracker several times.
- Carefully spread the crackers on an ungreased baking sheet, and sprinkle lightly with coarse salt.
- Bake about 18 minutes, or until crackers are firm and just beginning to brown. Allow to completely cool on wire racks.
- May be stored for up to a week, in an airtight container.
- Other wine/herb/spice combinations: Riesling& 2 t fresh snipped tarragon& 1/4 t paprika OR Cabernet Sauvignon& 2 fresh snipped rosemary OR Champagne& 2 t dry mustard OR Chardonnay& 2 t crushed fennel seed.