Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I remember our family making batches of this in the years before wine coolers were made commercially available. It's a nice, refreshing drink for summer days!
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 liters 7-Up soda or 2 liters Sprite (regular "or" diet, either way)
- 2 liters white wine or 2 liters blush wine
- 1 medium ripe orange, washed well and sliced
- Mix it all together, and enjoy!
- We usually made this by the half-batch, since we didn't have a punchbowl to put a full batch in; so for a half batch you'd mix a 1/2 can of limeade, 1/2 the 7-Up, and 1/2 the wine, but use still use all the orange slices.
- You can use a red wine for a change of pace, but the white was more typical.
- You can also increase or decrease the amounts of alcohol to soda pop, to your tastes.
Served before Easter dinner as family members were arriving and awaiting the dinner bell. Thanks for sharing.
I remember these, back from before coolers were bottled commercially (which actually wasn't that long ago). Very refreshing!