Recipe by Nana Lee
Recipe from about.com forum. This sounds so good I had to save it here. Please note: time to bake is according to cakemix box.
- 18 ounces white cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups rose wine (replace whatever measure of water mix calls for) or 1 1⁄3 cups white wine (replace whatever measure of water mix calls for)
- 3 eggs (or whatever mix calls for)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or whatever mix calls for)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup wine (like used in cake)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour 9X13 or bundt cake pan.
- If using a 9X13 pan, line with foil and grease and flour the foil. This will make taking the cake out easier.
- Mix cake ingredients 2 minutes and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake according to box directions.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- While cooling make sauce.
- Cook and stir all ingredients(except wine) in small heavy sauce pan til slightly thickened.
- Cool slightly and add 1/4 cup wine.
- Beat til smooth.
- Serve thin slices cake on plates with a couple of tablespoons wine sauce drizzeled over cake slice and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Pour sauce over cake while still warm in pan and let soak into cake.