Wine-Brined Grilled Chicken
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, trim off excess fat.
- In an 11x16-inch roasting pan, stir wine, shallots, tarragon, salt and sugar until salt and sugar are dissolved; add chicken quarters and turn to coat, cover and chill for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Lift chicken from brine; discard brine; rinse quarters and pat dry.
- Lay chicken quarters on a barbecue grill over medium-hot coals or medium heat on a gas grill; close lid on gas grill.
- Cook, turning frequently, until browned on both sides and no longer pink at the bone, about 35 minutes.