Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Crisp, juicy grilled chicken....plan ahead, needs to brine for 24 hours.
Make and share this Wine-Brined Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken, cut into quarters
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sauvignon blanc wine or 1 (750 ml) bottle other dry white wine
- 2 cups minced shallots (I use my food processor)
- 1 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, trim off excess fat.
- In an 11x16-inch roasting pan, stir wine, shallots, tarragon, salt and sugar until salt and sugar are dissolved; add chicken quarters and turn to coat, cover and chill for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Lift chicken from brine; discard brine; rinse quarters and pat dry.
- Lay chicken quarters on a barbecue grill over medium-hot coals or medium heat on a gas grill; close lid on gas grill.
- Cook, turning frequently, until browned on both sides and no longer pink at the bone, about 35 minutes.
Crispt, tender and juicy. This chicken was wonderful. I let it marinate for more than 24 hours. Made for Bargain Basement.