2 hrs 30 mins
Dave C's Note:
A Pride recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck shoulder pot roast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup red Burgundy wine or 1 cup other dry wine
- 13 ounces beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Trim and discard visible fat from roast; wipe meat with damp paper towels.
- 2Rub roast with garlic. On waxed paper, coat evenly with flour.
- 3In Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add roast and cook, turning often, until browned on all sides. Pour off all fat.
- 4Add wine, broth, oregano, and bay leaf,.
- 5Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat to low simmer. Cover tightly and cook about 2 hours, turning occasionally. Add mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
- 6Cook until roast is fork-tender,about 30 additional minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wine-Braised Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.2
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 604.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 33.6 g