Recipe by Mindelicious
This is a very elegant side dish which allows the natural flavors to shine through. I believe this recipe came from Nava Atlas.
Top Review by Rita~
Crunchy, Squeaky, Earthy, Good! I made 1/2 the recipe using dried shiitakes that I reconstituted. I used the liquid from the mushrooms in place of the wine in the first addition. With a sprinkle of dried parsley.
Thanks for the healthy eats!
- 2 large leeks (or 3 medium)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed, and sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into narrow strips
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim away the bottom and the large green leaves of the leeks. Use the white and lightest green parts of the leek. Cut them down the center lengthwise and then chop into 1/4 inch thick slices. Rinse.
- Heat oil in large skillet and add the leeks and half of the white wine. Cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes until the leeks have softened.
- Add the mushrooms, bell peppers, and the remaining wine. Cook, covered for 6-8 minutes until the mushrooms are wilted and the peppers are tender-crisp. Season to taste with salt & pepper, Enjoy!