Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I just made up one day when I was short on time. My sister and I loved it so much that I've been making these ever since! You can double the recipe very easily to serve more people. You can also use red wine for this, or just plain water with a little sugar stirred in, if you don't use wine. Try it, you'll like it, too!
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place the carrots and butter or margarin into a 2-quart medium-sized saucepan. Heat on medium-high heat for 2--3 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the wine. Let cook, covered, for about 7 to 10 minutes, until the larger carrot pieces are fork tender.
- Now add the sugar and spices. Stir to mix well. Cook on low heat for another 2--3 minutes.
- Serve hot with meat, poultry, or pork. These will go with nearly anything.