1/1 Photo of Wine Braised Boneless Short Ribs
2 hrs 20 mins
Beef short ribs braised in a big red until tender and juicy. I use chicken stock in this recipe because beef stock provided an overly heavy flavor that I didn't get when I made this with chicken stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Chop onion, celery and carrot into one inch pieces. Mince garlic. Set aside. Dredge beef in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Shake off extra flour.
- 3Heat dutch oven or other oven/stovetop safe deep pan over high heat till hot. Add oil and immediately add beef.
- 4Brown beef till all sides are dark golden brown. Remove from pan and add onion, carrot and celery.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and add garlic. Sauté till vegetables start to brown.
- 6Add wine and reduce by half.
- 7Add tomato paste, chicken stock, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf.
- 8Return beef to pan, cover tightly and place in oven. Cook for about two hours or until beef is tender but not falling apart.
- 9Remove beef and strain vegetables off of sauce. Return liquid to pan and reduce until desired consistency.
- 10Season sauce to taste. Serve over spatzle, noodles or polenta. (or whatever else you please).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wine Braised Boneless Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 174.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef short ribs