Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Called Different Hamburgers by Gloria Diggs who submitted it to a cookbook. I cut this out and had it in a folder. It has an interesting combo of ingredients that you put in a blender and then mix into the meat. They can be prepared, frozen and cooked when desired.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 small green pepper, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except the beef, in a blender and mix until liquid.
- Pour this over the meat in a bowl and mix until smooth and well blended (I think hands work best).
- Form into 4-6 patties
- Cook under broiler or in pan or on grill, or you want to freeze the patties for cooking another time.
I did add breadcrumbs to the recipe as the other poster suggested, and they did stay together better. However, I wasn't too thrilled with the flavor. I think it might have been too salty with the blue cheese.
These hamburgers had very good flavor, but I was a little disappointed that they fell apart when cooked. Next time I make these I think I'll add some breadcrumbs or broken up bread to the mix so they stay together better.