Recipe by mary winecoff
From the Best of Food and Wine. This is a savory-sweet mix of pecans, almonds and walnuts. These would make a great gift.
Top Review by tracy_cupoli
I made this for the holidays and it was a huge hit!! I had to put some in baggies for everyone to take home! They are very different, but addictive!! Worth a try... Especially good right out of the oven....
- 473.18 ml pecans
- 473.18 ml almonds
- 473.18 ml walnuts
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml mixed herbs (rosemary, sage, savory and thyme, mixed and finely chopped)
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, toss the nuts with the maple syrup, olive oil, herbs and cayenne.
- Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. (I place them on parchment paper for easy clean-up), stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Season the nuts with salt and pepper and toss frequently until cooled.