Wine-Baked Halibut Steaks With Mustard-Fennel Butter
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 400°.
- Toast fennel seeds in heavy small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet; cool.
- Finely chop fennel seeds.
- Combine butter, parsley, mustard and fennel seeds in small bowl.
- Mash with rubber spatula until smooth and well blended.
- Season fennel butter to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Place fish in 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
- Pour wine over.
- Bake opaque in center, basting occasionally with wine and juices in dish for about 15 minutes.
- Spread all of fennel butter over fish.