Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This fills the house with the most delicious aroma. I use skinless chicken breasts to cut fat and low sodium soy sauce to cut salt. It is very easy and is one the first recipes I made using wine. Use any good quality dry red wine that you enjoy drinking. Do not use wine labeled as a 'cooking' wine as it is likely to be a poor quality wine that has had salt added to it.
- Place chicken in a baking dish that has a cover and is sized so that most of the meat will be submerged in the cooking sauce.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture over the chicken and cover the dish.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours at 375 degrees F.
- Uncover the dish for the last 15 minutes.
I really liked this recipe. The sauce was wonderful and the house smelled great while it was cooking. I think that the sauce was even more flavorful the next day with the leftovers! The only reason that it didn't get 5 stars is because I think the cooking time is probably longer than it needs to be. I used skinless boneless chicken breasts and my chicken was really dry. The sauce helped, but it didn't flavor the interior of the chicken. Next time I would cut down the cooking time and just check the chicken to make sure it was cooked through. Oh...I followed the recipe exactly using 3 breasts and good red wine that was probably a little past it's prime in an opened bottle. Still made a wonderful sauce.