Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This delicious, yet easy, sauce is the perfect compliment to roasted meats. I often serve with Perfect Pork Tenderloin and love hearing all the compliments.
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, disolved in
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until limp. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet and add flour making roux. Add bouillon and stir until thickened. Add wine and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Heat until done.
I did the sauce only with 1 lbs of mushrooms. So I had to adjust the ingredients. I added more beef bouillon and maybe 1 tsp butter. I also added maybe 1/8 cup of red wine. It was very yummy on steak and mashed potatoes. Thanks Vicki :) Made for Photo tag game
This was a really easy to make sauce to go over my leftover roasted pork tenderloin. I used baby bella mushrooms which lent a nice flavor. The roux makes for a thick sauce. Thanks!