Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy gourmet flavored muffins - perfect for dinner parties or holiday buffets. For family meals, you can substitute apple juice with Cheddar cheese. This recipe is from my envelope of newspaper clippings.
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup gruyere cheese (4oz)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, wine, oil and egg.
- Using a fork, beat the mixture for 30 strokes.
- Stir in the cheeses and chives.
- Divide the mixture between 12 (2 1/2 x 1 3/4 inch).
- muffin cups, greased or lined with paper cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
When I first tried these warm from the oven I did not like them!! After freezing the nuking them I really liked them. Go figure!! I nuked two just to be sure and I really like these after they have been frozen. Go figure!!??
I've been making these for decades now and it's a good basic recipe to play with. Right now I have them in the oven only I'm making a port wine and cheddar version. A good way to use of leftover wine! I've used a nice cranberry chardonay as well as other wines and it's always a delicious success! I'm glad this recipe was posted because I didn't feel like digging through my recipe box right now!