Recipe by Lorac
Easy gourmet flavored muffins - perfect for dinner parties or holiday buffets. For family meals, you can substitute apple juice with Cheddar cheese. This recipe is from my envelope of newspaper clippings.
Top Review by Tebo
When I first tried these warm from the oven I did not like them!! After freezing the nuking them I really liked them. Go figure!! I nuked two just to be sure and I really like these after they have been frozen. Go figure!!??
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup gruyere cheese (4oz)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, wine, oil and egg.
- Using a fork, beat the mixture for 30 strokes.
- Stir in the cheeses and chives.
- Divide the mixture between 12 (2 1/2 x 1 3/4 inch).
- muffin cups, greased or lined with paper cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.