Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a fabulous recipe for one of my all-time favorite meals! It's easy and slow-cooked to perfection. If you're not into heat, leave out the red pepper flakes.I encourage you to use the wine, white or red, but if you prefer not to use it, just use more stock or broth. This makes wonderful shredded beef that you can use for so many great meals Note If you prefer to use the oven to prepare this meal, you can place the brisket in a large baking dish, place your ingredients in, and cover with a lid or foil. Bake it at 300° to 325° for about 3 hours. Take the lid or foil off and bake another 30 minutes.
- 2267.96-2721.55 g beef brisket
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, cut in half
- 14.79 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 473.18 ml wine (red or white)
- 473.18 ml beef stock (can use broth)
- 236.59 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Put 6 slits in the brisket, and place the cut garlic into the slits. Sprinkle the salt and pepper all over the brisket. Place the rest of the ingredients over the brisket, place the lid on and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.