Recipe by Gwen35
Whenever we had a potluck lunch at the office or a neighborhood BBQ, I would make these the night before, tripling the recipe, then plug in the crock pot to heat them up for whichever event was going on. They always went quickly. I think they are very good and are really easy to make. If you are making this for a family meal, they are really nice served with rice. If you are making it for a crowd, just put out a bunch of toothpicks, and let folks help themselves.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2⁄3 cup onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (or more to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple chunks (reserve juice)
- 1 cup sweet pepper, any color (diced or sliced)
For the sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, eggs, salt, pepper, onion, garlic and breadcrumbs.
- Shape into 48 meatballs (about 1 inch in diameter) and brown till no longer pink inside.
- Drain off excess fat on paper towels.
- Combine vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch.
- Simmer till thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs, pineapple and sweet pepper and simmer until thoroughly heated.