Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Once you try this - you will never clean your windows with a different solution - I promise! This "recipe" comes from "Mary Ellen's Best of Helpful Hints" fast-easy-fun ways of solving household problems. Our family edition of this book has a print date of April, 1979 ! I am posting just in case I lose my copy! Solution is in ingredients other tips follow in directions
- Wash with clean sponge, or micro fibre cloth then Squeegee the water/dirt away!
- Never wash windows on sunny days. They will dry too fast and show streaks.
- Never use soap.
- For fast clean-ups, wash with cloth soaked in white vinegar. This method is great when washing only a few indoor windows.
- Shine with newspaper instead of paper towels.
- No more guess work with drying the inside panes with vertical strokes and outside panes with horizontal strokes, or vice versa - you will notice quickly what side has the smudges.
- After the windows have dried, rub a clean blackboard eraser over them for a really fine shine.
This worked really well. I made the mix and poured it into a spray bottle since I was just doing pretty much touch-ups. The cornstarch seemed to dissolve well and so the spray bottle worked pretty well. Thanks ukichix for a nice keeper. Made for My 3 Chefs.