- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almonds, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together; add egg yolk and mix well.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking soda in another bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Press into a greased 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan.
- Beat the egg white and brush over dough; sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into bars, before cooling completely on a wire rack.