Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little different than the other homemade window cleaners posted here, this solution works great and I've saved a lot of money over the years using it!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ammonia
- 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap
- 1 pint rubbing alcohol
- blue food coloring (optional)
- Combine ammonia, dishwashing soap, and alcohol in a one gallon bottle; then add almost one gallon water to fill the bottle; a few drops blue food coloring may be added to make your homemade Windex look store-bought.
- Fill spray bottles with Windex for cleaning interior mirrors and glass surfaces; just use a rag to wipe and shine.
- This solution also works well for washing exterior windows. When doing so I like to wash them out of direct sunlight to avoid streaks, then finish the job by polishing each window with wadded up newspaper.