Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A specialty recipe found online from the Window on the Winds Bed and Breakfast Inn in Pinedale, Wyoming. Rather than hazelnuts I tend to use cashews, almonds, or sunflower seeds, whatever I have on hand, or just more dried fruit (dried apricots, cranberries, dates, etc). Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit for a healthy breakfast or snack. Total servings will vary by your preferred muesli/yogurt ratio per bowl.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups rolled wheat flakes
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 2 cups dried apples, chopped
- 2 cups hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- Gently blend oats and wheat in food processor/blender to break them up (do not turn into flour).
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Store in air-tight container.
- To serve, mix with yogurt and fresh fruit.
- Let sit awhile to soften before eating.
Very, very delicious! I used almonds instead of hazelnuts (like your suggestion) and I used dried cranberries. I mixed it in with my orange flavored yogurt and it was so yummy. It's sweet from the cranberries, so tomorrow I'm going to try mixing it with plain yogurt instead of flavored and see how I like that. It will save me a few calories. I found 1/4 cup to be the right amount of muesli so I wind up getting 19 servings from a whole batch. Thanks for posting!