1/3 Photos of Wilton's Chocolate Buttercream Icing, Decorator Icing/Frosting
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
This is the recipe directly from Wilton's website for their chocolate buttercream decorating icing. You can make it soft and spreadable or as stiff as you need by adjusting the amount of milk or water you add. Just follow the directions and it'll come out perfect every time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stiff Consistency: In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add cocoa and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk, 1 tbsp at a time until you get the desired consistency and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
- 2Chocolate Mocha Icing: Substitute cold brewed strong coffee for milk in Chocolate Buttercream recipe.
- 3Darker Chocolate Icing: Add an additional 1/4 cup cocoa (or one additional 1 oz. square unsweetened chocolate, melted) and 1 additional tablespoon milk to Chocolate Buttercream Icing.
- 4For Thin (Spreading) Consistency Icing: Add 3-4 tablespoons light corn syrup, water or milk.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilton's Chocolate Buttercream Icing, Decorator Icing/Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 70.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g