Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
I love this stuff! I also really love that it's quick and easy to make. You don't have to cook the caramel cause you use ice cream topping caramel for this! The recipe came directly from Wilton's website. You can make it soft and spreadable or as stiff as you need by adjusting the amount of milk you add. Just follow the directions and it'll come out perfect every time.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (1lb box)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add ice cream topping, milk and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Re-whip before using.