I have been using this method for 30 years, no more thin runny whipped cream and your whipping cream will hold up for days this, is fabulous on cakes --- for 2 cups whipping cream use 2 tsp gelatin in 2 tbsp cold water.
- In a small pan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick.
- Place over low heat, stirring constantly, just until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat; cool (do not allow it to set).
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar, until slightly thick.
- While slowly beating, add the gelatin to whipping cream.
- Whip at high speed until stiff.