1/4 Photos of Wilton Royal Icing
I did the Wilton cake decorating course last year and this was the recipe for Royal Icing we used. It dries hard and is great for writing and flowers that will keep for weeks if stored in an airtight,it means you can make these well in advance. Keep them away from strong light as any colours will fade. Keep equipment grease free, or you will end up with a soupy mess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar and Meringue powder in a bowl and stir at low speed.
- 2Add water and mix on low to medium for 7-10 minutes, until icing loses its sheen.
- 3To prevent drying out, keep the bowl and icing tips covered with a damp towel.
- 4Will keep for two weeks stored in the fridge.
- 5Whip again before using.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilton Royal Icing
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 159.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 156.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: