Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are an easy sugar cookie to make because they require no refrigeration of the dough before rolling it out. Updated 11/2009 - after reading some of the reviews that said the dough was crumbly, I updated the ingredients to state that the unsalted butter should be softened to room temperature. I am hoping that solves the crumbly dough problem. I've never experienced that and I am thinking that is because I soften the butter before mixing. Hope that helps everyone.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer for 2 minutes; scrape down bowl.
- Cream the mixture for an additional minute.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift baking powder and flour.
- Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- The dough will be very stiff.
- Blend in the last of the flour by hand.
- Do not chill dough.
- Roll dough to 3/8" thickness and cut out using cookie cutters.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies to cooling grid to cool completely.
- Note: I got 12-14 4" round cookies out of one batch.
- My convection oven baked them at 350° for 10 minutes.
Great recipe. Easy and quick. Does not get crumbly if you use softened butter.
Very Easy!....Very yummy cookies...a little too much flour but thats an easy fix. Great For Parties.....I definitely recommend this as a recipe to do with children lots of fun.