1/3 Photos of Wilton Cookie Blossom Sugar Cookies
Marie Nixon's Note:
These are an easy sugar cookie to make because they require no refrigeration of the dough before rolling it out. Updated 11/2009 - after reading some of the reviews that said the dough was crumbly, I updated the ingredients to state that the unsalted butter should be softened to room temperature. I am hoping that solves the crumbly dough problem. I've never experienced that and I am thinking that is because I soften the butter before mixing. Hope that helps everyone.
My Private Note
4inch r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer for 2 minutes; scrape down bowl.
- 3Cream the mixture for an additional minute.
- 4Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- 5Sift baking powder and flour.
- 6Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 7The dough will be very stiff.
- 8Blend in the last of the flour by hand.
- 9Do not chill dough.
- 10Roll dough to 3/8" thickness and cut out using cookie cutters.
- 11Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- 12Remove cookies to cooling grid to cool completely.
- 13Note: I got 12-14 4" round cookies out of one batch.
- 14My convection oven baked them at 350° for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilton Cookie Blossom Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (865 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 69.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g