Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Food & Wine. I would use FAR less olive oil.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar, plus
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 lbs spinach (stemmed, cleaned and spun dry)
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, shallots, pepper and 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Set a large enameled cast-iron casserole over high heat.
- When very hot, add the vinaigrette and bring to a boil. Add the spinach in large handfuls, tossing constantly with tongs until the leaves are partially wilted before adding the next batch.
- When most of the spinach is wilted, after about 4 minutes, remove the casserole from the heat. Season the spinach with salt, transfer to a bowl and serve at once.