Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is now my favorite way to make spinach. It's simple, but elegant with a slight Oriental flavor, and the warm orange segments are a delightful surprise. As a bonus, it's fat free.
- 2 bunches fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 orange, peeled,seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a large skillet add the orange juice, soy sauce and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and orange pieces, and cook only until the spinach is just barely wilted.
- Do not overcook.
- Spoon onto serving plates, and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
What a tasty way to serve spinach and so easy to prepare. Thanks, Geema!
Yummy and unusual way to prepare spinach! Quick and easy are definately the words to describe the preparation. The only thing I did diffently was I used mandarin oranges (love them) and left out the sesame seeds. It's a keeper. Thanks for sharing. Tweeky.
Delicious,And Very different.DH loved it. Thank you for the recipe Geema