Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have not tried this receipe yet, but it looks good, quick and easy to make. This was posted in the Sun-Sentinel April 26, 2007 food section by Steve Petusevsky.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced Spanish onions
- water, as needed
- 8 cups spinach leaves, well washed
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 3⁄4 cup blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown. You can occasionally add a sprinkling of water to prevent sticking, if necessary.
- Fold the raw spinach into the warm onions, if the pan is large enough, or mix in a large mixing bowl. After the spinach wilts, add the cheese, pine nuts, salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.