1/7 Photos of Wilted Spinach Salad With Roasted Kumara (Sweet Potato)
My daughter made me this salad once. She said that it was from the Meal-in-a-minute TV advert but this version doesn't use any Watties products. (Not that there is anything wrong with bottled sauces but I prefer to make my own dressing) This is a nice easy recipe that makes a good side dish to some steamed fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cut the kumara into bite sized cubes.
- 2Toss in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 200C/400°F.
- 4Mix the mustard, lemon juice, and zest for the dressing.
- 5Add the olive oil a tablespoon at a time, whisking between each spoonful.
- 6Add finely chopped dill.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Prepare the oranges by peeling and then cutting just the segments off the orange so that there is none of the tough bits. Squeeze any remaining orange juice in the fibrous bits into the dressing.
- 9Put the spinach is a large bowl.
- 10Add the roasted kumara straight from the oven and toss through the spinach to wilt the spinach. This works best if the kumara is still really hot.
- 11Add the dressing and orange segments and toss through.
- 12Serve slightly warm on a large plate and decorate with nasturtium flowers.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilted Spinach Salad With Roasted Kumara (Sweet Potato)
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.4
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard