Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delightful recipe from marthastewart.com The olives lend the salad a wonderfully intense flavour. I often have it as a meal in itself.
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups)
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup slivered black olives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat broiler.
- On a broiler-safe rimmed baking sheet or in a large baking dish, toss the cherry tomatoes and chickpeas with 1 tbsp olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Broil, tossing occasionally, until tomatoes are slightly charred, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tbsps olive oil and white-wine vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Add baby spinach, hot vegetables and slivered olives.
- Toss with vinaigrette. The spinach will wilt slightly during this time.
- Serve warm.
Great warm spinach salad! I loved the roasted tomatoes and chickpeas; it went very well with the simple dressing and spinach leaves. I'm wondering if the broiler should have been on Lo or High? I had mine on High, but the tomatoes started to char after 5 minutes... so I switched it to Lo and ended up taking them out after 8-9 minutes. We topped our salad with some toasted pine nuts. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2009.