Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Good salad with a sweet vinaigrette.
Make and share this Wilted Spinach Salad With Balsamic-Honey Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, cut in strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 portabella mushroom cap, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut in rings
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ounces gorgonzola
- Trim, wash and dry the spinach thoroughly and place in a salad bowl.
- Coat a saute pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil and put over medium heat. Fry the prosciutto and garlic for a minute to flavor the oil, then add the mushrooms and onions. Saute mushrooms and onions until they are slightly brown and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape the mixture on top of the spinach, return the pan to the stove.
- Add balsamic vinegar and scrape up the bits at the bottom of the pan. Add remaining oil and honey. Swirl pan around for a minute to warm the vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and top off with Gorgonzola. Season with salt and pepper, toss and serve.