Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great summer salad. Actually our spinach is already up and we have had 2 batches of this already.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 lb spinach (fresh from garden, washed and stemmed)
- Fry bacon till crispy.
- Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Pour all but 3 or 4 tablespoons of bacon grease from pan.
- Into the bacon grease, stir the dry mustard, oil, vinegar and onion salt.
- Heat to boiling.
- Toss spinach leaves in dressing to coat.
- Place in salad bowls and serve immediately with crumbled bacon sprinkled over top of each salad.
Wonderful! I made this as stated, except I added thin sliced red onions and a diced hard-boiled egg to make this a lunch meal. Even my scared-of-vegetables hubby loved it! Thanks!
I made this for lunch for my husband and I. We both really enjoyed it. I will be making it more often for my whole family. Thanks for a quick and easy recipe for busy moms!
Quick to make and the dressing- even with so few ingredients is delicious. For color I added some crescent shaped slices of red onion. This salad recipe was placed in my "last minute"/"quick meals" recipe file. CG