I served this terrific salad to guests and it was a hit! Pour the hot dressing over the salad right before serving time. I found this recipe in an old Farm Journal cookbook. Cook time is for the time it takes to boil the eggs and fry the bacon.
- Combine spinach, onions and eggs in a large salad bowl.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy; remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Add vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to bacon drippings, heat to boiling, stirring to blend.
- Pour over spinach mixture; toss gently.
- Sprinkle with bacon.