Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The addition of fresh strawberries to this salad makes it special.
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion (2)
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- In a large bowl combine spinach,'shroons and green onions.
- If desired, sprinkle with black pepper and set aside.
- Dressing: In a 12" skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove from skillet and reserve 2T.
- bacon drippings in pan.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Stir vinegar, sugar and dry mustard into bacon drippings in the skillet; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the spinach mixture.
- Toss spinach in skillet for 30-60 seconds or so, just until spinach wilts.
- Transfer to serving dish; add strawberries and mix well.
- Top with bacon and chopped egg; serve immediately.
This was very tasty! I accidentally cooked the spinach a bit too long, but it was still very good. I will certainly make this again. Thanks for sharing Joy1996 :D