Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from the big book of vegetarian. Tossing fresh spinach in a hot vinagrette really brings out the flavor!
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced black olives
- Place the spinach in a large bowl.
- In a small skillet over med heat, warm the olive oil. Add the shallot, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper and oregano. Cook, stirring often until the shallot is slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour the warm dressing over the spinach. Add the feta and olives and toss gently until the spinach is wilted. Serve right away.
A very nice spinach salad. I was surprised when the directions said to add the lemon juice. What lemon juice? I added about 2 1/2 Tb. and it was a bit too tart. Liked the feta and added sliced baby bella mushrooms to help absorb the lemon. made for ZWT9 Soup-a-Stars