1/8 Photos of Wilted Spinach Salad
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This recipe comes for a BHG small CB with favorite recipes from 1930 until 2001. This particular recipe comes from 1941. This recipe interests me because when I was in my early teens, our family went back to Oklahoma to visit all our relatives. This was the salad that my aunt made every day we were there. I have never had it since then.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine spinach, mushrooms, and green onions. Set Aside.
- 2For Dressing, in a 12" skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- 3Remove bacon; reserving 2 T drippings in skillet.
- 4Crumble bacon; set aside.
- 5Stir vinegar, sugar, and dry mustard into drippings.
- 6Bring to boiling: remove from heat.
- 7Add the spinach mixture.
- 8Toss mixture in skillet for 30 to 60 seconds or until mixture is just wilted.
- 9Transfer to serving dish and top with egg and bacon.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilted Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.2
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g