This recipe comes for a BHG small CB with favorite recipes from 1930 until 2001. This particular recipe comes from 1941. This recipe interests me because when I was in my early teens, our family went back to Oklahoma to visit all our relatives. This was the salad that my aunt made every day we were there. I have never had it since then.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, mushrooms, and green onions. Set Aside.
- For Dressing, in a 12" skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon; reserving 2 T drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Stir vinegar, sugar, and dry mustard into drippings.
- Bring to boiling: remove from heat.
- Add the spinach mixture.
- Toss mixture in skillet for 30 to 60 seconds or until mixture is just wilted.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with egg and bacon.