1/3 Photos of Wilted Spinach and Mushroom Salad with Bacon and Strawberries
An elegant and wonderfully flavored main dish salad. It's light (perfect for when you just happen to have a lavishly rich dessert lying around!) and easy--it takes about 25 minutes from start to finish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups torn spinach or 6 cups romaine lettuce (I like Ready Pack Baby Spinach leaves)
- 1 cup sliced fresh white button mushrooms
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- 1 dash black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (or drained mandarin orange segments)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms, and scallions; sprinkle with pepper and set aside.
- 2For the dressing, cook the bacon in a 12" skillet until crisp.
- 3Remove the bacon; reserve 2 Tbsp.
- 4of the drippings.
- 5Crumble the bacon; set aside.
- 6Stir the vinegar, sugar, and dry mustard into the reserved bacon drippings; bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- 7Add the spinach mixture; toss the mixture in the skillet for 30-60 seconds, or just until the spinach is wilted.
- 8Transer the salad to a serving dish or large bowl; add the strawberries or orange segments.
- 9Top with the crumbled bacon and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilted Spinach and Mushroom Salad with Bacon and Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 179.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g