1/3 Photos of Wilted Spinach and Mushroom Salad with Bacon and Strawberries
An elegant and wonderfully flavored main dish salad. It's light (perfect for when you just happen to have a lavishly rich dessert lying around!) and easy--it takes about 25 minutes from start to finish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups torn spinach or 6 cups romaine lettuce (I like Ready Pack Baby Spinach leaves)
- 1 cup sliced fresh white button mushrooms
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- 1 dash black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (or drained mandarin orange segments)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms, and scallions; sprinkle with pepper and set aside.
- 2For the dressing, cook the bacon in a 12" skillet until crisp.
- 3Remove the bacon; reserve 2 Tbsp.
- 4of the drippings.
- 5Crumble the bacon; set aside.
- 6Stir the vinegar, sugar, and dry mustard into the reserved bacon drippings; bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- 7Add the spinach mixture; toss the mixture in the skillet for 30-60 seconds, or just until the spinach is wilted.
- 8Transer the salad to a serving dish or large bowl; add the strawberries or orange segments.
- 9Top with the crumbled bacon and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilted Spinach and Mushroom Salad with Bacon and Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 179.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g