Recipe by Cuistot
Tasty little spinach salad. A bit of sweet and a bit of tangy come together in a mouth water spring delight. This salad has been rolling around in my head for weeks, I finally had a chance to try it out and we love it here!
- 6 ounces spinach, rinsed
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- rinse the spinach and toss with craisins and feta.
- fry bacon until crisp, drain and chop.
- turn off heat, but while the pan is still hot add shallot and garlic to the bacon drippings.
- cook until the garlic is lightly browned, returning the heat if necessary.
- Deglaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- toss with spinach and serve immediately.