Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty little spinach salad. A bit of sweet and a bit of tangy come together in a mouth water spring delight. This salad has been rolling around in my head for weeks, I finally had a chance to try it out and we love it here!
- 6 ounces spinach, rinsed
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- rinse the spinach and toss with craisins and feta.
- fry bacon until crisp, drain and chop.
- turn off heat, but while the pan is still hot add shallot and garlic to the bacon drippings.
- cook until the garlic is lightly browned, returning the heat if necessary.
- Deglaze the pan with the balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- toss with spinach and serve immediately.
Yummy salad and when DH and I paired it with crusty bread, we had a light meal. The directions are detailed, simple, concise and should make even the most novice of cooks feel confident. It's a keeper for me; I'll just reduce the amount of balsamic vinegar that I use. I prepared this for the I Recommend Tag Game. Thanks for sharing!
Great salad! I also used turkey bacon and subbed goat cheese. I added some sweet and spicy pecans to this, and it provided a nice crunchy counterpart. The flavors are balanced and all went together well. The dressing wasn't too tart for me, but if you think it would be for you, add some oil to the dressing to balance that out. Thanks for this recipe!
Yummy salad! I would add some sweetner to the dressing along with some type of nuts. I used turkey bacon and blue cheese. Thanks for the yummy salad!