Recipe by Lorac
An upscale version of an old favorite. A newspaper clipping long buried in a pile of recipes collected over the years.
Top Review by JustJanS
Yummy salad Lorac that we ate for dinner tonight. We really enjoyed it (especially loved the texture of the cabbage and the caraway seeds)but we found it a little too sour with the vinegar, sour cream and mustard, so increased the sugar to about a teaspoon and a half for our tastes.
- boiling water
- 1 lb cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over cabbage and let sit 5 minutes.
- Mix onion, vinegar, parsley, oil, sugar, caraway, and mustard.
- Test the cabbage, it should be slightly cooked but still crisp, drain well.
- Combine cabbage with the onion mixture, refrigerate until cool.
- Add sour cream and seasoning.
- Refrigerate until cold.