Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An upscale version of an old favorite. A newspaper clipping long buried in a pile of recipes collected over the years.
- boiling water
- 1 lb cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over cabbage and let sit 5 minutes.
- Mix onion, vinegar, parsley, oil, sugar, caraway, and mustard.
- Test the cabbage, it should be slightly cooked but still crisp, drain well.
- Combine cabbage with the onion mixture, refrigerate until cool.
- Add sour cream and seasoning.
- Refrigerate until cold.
Yummy salad Lorac that we ate for dinner tonight. We really enjoyed it (especially loved the texture of the cabbage and the caraway seeds)but we found it a little too sour with the vinegar, sour cream and mustard, so increased the sugar to about a teaspoon and a half for our tastes.