Recipe by pines506
This is one of my favorite salads. Just plain old good! Prep time includes cook time.
Top Review by Mymzi
My "Mama Jean" (step-grandmother) made what she called "grass". I've been searching for the recipe, and I believe you have it! Thanks so much for posting, I miss my Mama Jean's country cooking.
- 2 bunches leaf lettuce
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Just before serving shred lettuce with knife.
- In large skillet fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and crumble.
- Add vinegar.
- Heat through.
- Remove skillet from heat and add lettuce and onion.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Toss 1-2 minutes until lettuce is wilted.
- Put lettuce in serving dish and sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.