Recipe by Michelle S.
Sometimes simple is best. This is a wonderfully old fashioned salad that is very tasty and easy to prepare.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain (saving drippings) and crumble.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- top with onion, egg, and crumbled bacon.
- In a skillet put bacon drippings, vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Heat to boiling.
- Pour over lettuce in bowl and toss.
- Serve immediately.