Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great salad for a "soup and salad" meal.
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or 8 cups spinach (I prefer spinich greens)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- Place lettuce or spinache and onions in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Do not drain off drippings.
- Stir in vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Pour over lettuce and toss gently until well coated.
- Top with hard-cooked egg.
- Serve immediately.
This is a wonderful salad. I did add an extra pinch or two of sugar.
My husband and I loved this! It was so good, very different. My stepmother use to make something similar but I don't remember the hard boiled egg, but try it anyway and it gave it such a good favor. I used leaf lettuce, but next time I think I wil try spinich.