- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce or 8 cups spinach (I prefer spinich greens)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lettuce or spinache and onions in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Do not drain off drippings.
- Stir in vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Pour over lettuce and toss gently until well coated.
- Top with hard-cooked egg.
- Serve immediately.