Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good topping for this is diced hard boiled egg.
- 8 cups torn lettuce and spinach, mixed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Put lettuce, spinach, and onions in large bowl.
- Sprinkle lightly with pepper.
- In skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour over greens and toss to coat well.
This is a very tasty salad with just the right blend of flavors in the dressing! I used a blend of baby lettuces with herbs and baby spinach. As I had no white vinegar, I sub'ed rice vinegar, which worked nicely. Just the right amount of dressing and great flavor! It balanced out the rest of the big meal very well. Thank you! I will be making this again.
I never thought I could enjoy iceberg lettuce so much! I've tried this with turkey bacon too and it's great. Used white wine vinegar, added some green pepper & celery diced and cubed an ounce of cheddar cheese into it. Many thanks!