Recipe by Irmgard
This simple but delicious side dish can be made with almost any kind of green but my personal favourite is red-veined Swiss chard as the green and red make such a pretty presentation. From Williams-Sonoma Italian Favourites.
Top Review by KatKerz
Never had swiss chard before, but rcv'd it in the weekly basket of co-op produce. This is the first recipe that came up on my search, so I tried it. Loved the balsamic vinegar but next time would add another clove of garlic.
- 10 cups swiss chard (or use your own personal favourite)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the greens into strips 1 inch wide.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the greens and using tongs, toss them until they are wilted but still retain their bright colour, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper to taste and toss well.
- Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.