1/1 Photo of Wilted Greens With Bacon Vinaigrette
Charlotte J's Note:
I saw this today on Food Network and it made me hungry. Posting for ease of finding again. Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson Show: Cooking for Real Episode: Bistro Night In
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place romaine in a serving bowl.
- 2In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy.
- 3Remove bacon and crumble over greens.
- 4To the pan, add sugar and vinegar, and simmer until sugar is dissolved, scraping up bacon bits that cling to the bottom of the pan.
- 5Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 6Pour hot dressing over greens and toss.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wilted Greens With Bacon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (1204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 161.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.6 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g