I saw this today on Food Network and it made me hungry. Posting for ease of finding again. Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson Show: Cooking for Real Episode: Bistro Night In
- Place romaine in a serving bowl.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon and crumble over greens.
- To the pan, add sugar and vinegar, and simmer until sugar is dissolved, scraping up bacon bits that cling to the bottom of the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour hot dressing over greens and toss.
- Serve immediately.
OMG this was just delisious. When I first started making this recipe I thought well I'll add some tomatoes and red onion and maybe some cheese, but made as is and it was perfect. Would not add a thing. I used pepper bacon so went light on the pepper and used rice vinegar as I just like it better. Thanks so much for sharing. Just wonderful.